Just write a reply to these two posts. Write in your own words. One paragraph for each post. Please differentiate which reply is which.150 words per reply. This is like a conversation. The first file is my discussion. And the second file is the reply post.
ON POLITICAL MORALITY SPEECH ANALYSIS 2
On Political Morality Speech Analysis
The Authors Full Names
Where the Author Goes to University
The courses title and number
The Authors Professor
When the Assignment is Due
On Political Morality Speech Analysis
At the time Maximilien Robespierre was giving his
On Political Morality speech, he was on the ropes (Johnson, 2019). The new republic had yet to achieve its ideal state after toppling the monarchy. They had anticipated a republic of liberty, equality, and fraternity but were on the verge of a huge divide. France was still in the middle of the Reign of Terror, which involved a series of executions and massacres, which kept the republic on edge (Johnson, 2019). The wars of the Vendee were also ongoing and threatened peace in the region.
The war in the Vendee showed that there was resistance to the republic in France. When toppling the monarchy, most of France was united and this made the revolution swift and successful (Robespierre, 1794). The war in Vendee showed the resilience and resolve of those opposed to the republic and helped to convince Robespierre that in the absence of terror, the republic would fail. It showed the need for force to ensure peace in the republic.
Robespierre defines political morality as the need for balance between virtue and terror as necessary for leadership. Robespierre argues that in politics, virtue cannot exist in the absence of terror (Robespierre, 1794). Political morality is important to Robespierre because it provides a justification for his actions in the Vendee wars and the terror. It helps to justify his actions and show that his actions were politically moral.
Robespierre argues that both virtue and terror are necessary. He states that the relationship between virtue and terror is that terror is justice which is inflexible and severe and can be misunderstood as cruelty. However, this form of justice finds its origin in virtue and is necessary for the growth of the state (Robespierre, 1794).
Robespierre presents an interesting perspective, where he argues that freedom and terror have to co-exist for the success of a republic. However, I do not believe that his position is justified. I believe that freedom is the absence of terror and a society that allows the coexistence of freedom and terror is bound to prejudice and eventual decline.
Johnson, S. M. (2019). Robespierre: A Self-Destructed Revolutionary.
Robespierre, M. (1794, February). On political morality. In
speech to the Convention. Reply A Khush
The speech Robespierre gave in February 1794 was in the context of reign of terror which was a revolutionary war, and it is also mentioned in the book how this terror was one of the worst experience French people have faces, the terror hardly touched many parts of France, but overall, the experience was undeniably traumatic. Robespierre gave his speech to justify the terror and he proposed hoe each citizen has the right to be armed to be able to defend the freedom for the country. The nature of the war in vendee was turned into a bloody and prolonged civil war as mentioned in the book, this could have conflicted with Robespierre speech in a way that everyone was allowed to be armed and due to that thousands of people got shot and it became so deadly. The initial thought of this was more towards organized way. The first battle of Cholet took place during the war in the vendee. I believe Robespierre meant to have one undivided France, to defend principles of direct democracy, and have equality at its highest by political morality and it was important to him because his goal was to have a peaceful enjoyment of liberty and eternal justice as his speech was all based towards it as well. In Robespierres view, the relationship between virtue and terror meant without having a virtue, terror is very powerless and without terror, virtue is also deadly. In my opinion, freedom and terror does not co-exist because terror is deadly, and it not only affects people lives but many generations and nation. There could be times when consequences are good which balances terror and freedom which can morally justify it but I feel terror is just not acceptable.
Reply B River R
1. Robespierres speech in 1794 was all about political morality. The context behind this is that in the preceding year the reign of terror was happening in France, but the threat of invading countries still loomed, and this was a big threat to the survival of the revolutionary Republic. This threat was happening before the monarchy fell so whenever the revolutionists took over, they now had to deal with it themselves and it was an impending stress.
2. The nature of the war could have affected Robespierres view because of how force was the only way they would win, which caused his views to change from opposing the war to realizing it was an emergency which required severe measures to those that opposed them
3. He saw political morality by the ways in which politics and ats of justice are acted upon morally, this was important to him because he wanted an equal and just France.
4. His views on terror and virtue are that you could not have one without the other, he thought of them as balancing each other. Without virtue, terror is deadly; without terror virtue is impotent. This viewpoint is hard for me to wrap my head around, his vision of democracy is not what it truly is and is a very twisted way of thinking.
5. I do not think his position is justified, I think there are better ways to handle problems other than a reign of terror, especially if you are trying to coexist within a free state.
Bus 430-Week 4 Assignment- SouthWest Study
Bus 430-Week 4 Assignment- South West Study
Week 4 Assignment – Southwest Case Study
Complete an analysis of Southwest. Assess the organizational layout, performance metrics, and the technology that is used to measure performance and connect with consumers.
Using the Southwest case study, write a 67 page paper in which you:
1. Evaluate Southwest’s operations strategy and explain how the organization seeks to gain a competitive advantage in terms of sustainability.
2. Analyze how operation management activities affect the customer experience. Select two operation management challenges and provide the solutions for confronting them.
3. Examine Southwest’s value chain and evaluate its effectiveness to operations in terms of quality, value creation, and customer satisfaction.
4. Determine the different types of performance measurements that can be used to measure Southwest’s service-delivery system design. Select at least two types that can be applied and provide justifications for the selection.
5. Examine the different types of technologies applied to Southwest’s service operations and evaluate how the technologies strengthen the value chain.
6. Use at least two quality resources in this assignment that do not include the initial case study. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources. Assignment 1
Title of the Assignment
By Your Name
Title of the Assignment: Southwest Research Paper
In the introduction section, introduce the company, Southwest, and provide information about your experience with the company. Example: Are you familiar with the company? Have you used their services in the past/do you plan to in the future? What do others say about the company?
Here you will evaluate Southwests operations strategy and explain how the organization seeks to gain a competitive advantage in terms of sustainability.
OM and the Customer
In this paragraph make sure you analyze how operation management activities affect the customer experience. Select two (2) operation management challenges and provide the solutions for confronting them.
The Value Chain
Examine Southwests value chain and evaluate its effectiveness to operations in terms of quality, value creation, and customer satisfaction.
Determine the different types of performance measurements that can be used to measure Southwests service-delivery system design. Select at least two (2) types that can be applied and provide justifications for the selection.
Southwests use of Technology
Examine the different types of technologies applied to Southwests service operations and evaluate how the technologies strengthen the value chain.
Example: In conclusion, there is value is in Provide your learning from the assignment and the research.
1. Frank Holmes. 2016. These Are the 7 Biggest US Airlines. http://www.businessinsider.com/these-are-the-7-biggestus-airlines-2016-4#1-delta-7
2. Federal Aviation Administration. 2017. Air Traffic by the Numbers.
3. Brett Snyder. 2009. December Premium Air Traffic Down More Than 13 Percent.
NOTE: THESE ARE EXAMPLES OF SOURCE PLACEMENT. PLEASE UPDATE WITH YOUR OWN.